Genelec expands its range of new generation, high-resolution Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™) systems. Introducing the 8340 and 8350 Smart monitors with 7360 and 7370 Smart subwoofers, as well as the 9301 AES/EBU Multichannel interface.
The new SAM Systems feature Genelec latest technology platform, including GLM AutoCal and GLM 2.0 software, providing the monitoring solution for all applications, whether in the analogue or digital domains. SAM Systems’ intelligent GLM AutoCal™ technology improves the precision of monitoring by compensating deficiencies in the listening environment.
Genelec SAM is the most advanced and flexible monitoring technology available today.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
New 8340 and 8350 Smart Monitors
- New Smart monitors’ connectivity covers all possible analogue or digital audio applications.
- Genelec’s advanced Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) provide a wide, controlled listening area, minimizing early reflections for very accurate sound reproduction on-axis and off-axis.
- New Smart monitors feature improved frequency response flatness achieving very neutral sound reproduction.
- Constant latency above 200 Hz means exact time domain translation which contributes to accurate harmonics and sound image reproduction.
- All connectors facing down for easy cabling and monitor placement against a wall or in a corner.
- New Smart monitors are fully compatible with Genelec wide range of versatile accessories.
New 7360 and 7370 Smart Subwoofers
- The Laminar Spiral Enclosure (LSE™) design provides extended low frequency performance, accurate tonal characteristics reproduction and high dynamic capabilities.
- New Smart subwoofers support a distributed bass management architecture, where subwoofer outputs are un-filtered, and main Smart monitors apply the necessary high-pass filtering locally.
New 9301A 7.1 AES/EBU Interface
- A cost-effective package offering 7.1-channel analogue XLR inputs and outputs together with stereo AES/EBU XLR inputs and outputs without the need for additional external A/D converters.
- The 9301 AES/EBU Multichannel Interface allows 7.1-channel digital audio sources to be connected to new Smart subwoofers via a single XLR subwoofer output link to cover all possible professional digital audio applications.
- New Smart subwoofers feature hardware bypass switch for simple monitoring check of the subwoofer frequency response extension.