The Prism Sound ATLAS is a USB 2.0 audio interface featuring the unique CleverClox clocking technology found in Prism Sound’s award-winning Orpheus FireWire interface. Atlas features 8 analogue line I/O with 8 high-grade mic pres, 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs, 8 optical digital I/O, MIDI and 2 S/PDIF or AES I/O.
The Prism Sound ATLAS offers the same outstanding and proven performance as the rest of the Prism Sound interface family but with additional transparent, high-grade mic pres and an MDIO expansion slot to accommodate other digital options adding further compatibility to Pro Tools HDX, AES and Thunderbolt.
Like Prism's flagship ADA-8XR and its range of converters, Atlas is a no-compromise unit featuring only the best components available to offer the best possible conversion with cutting-edge design and features for today’s engineer
The main features of the Prism Sound ATLA include:
• 8x analogue line I/O
• 8 high-grade mic pres (with switchable mic pads and M+S encoding)
• 2 high impedance instrument inputs
• 8x optical ADAT I/O (or 4x SMUX, 2x TOSlink)
• 2x SPDIF/AES I/O
• RIAA filters for vinyl players
• Dual headphone outputs
• Unique CleverClox clocking technology
• MDIO slot for optional digital interfaces - Pro Tools HDX, AES and Thunderbolt (tbc)
• Ethernet port (for future potential AVB and networking integration)
• Wordclock I/O
• USB 2.0 host
• Mac OS X and Windows drivers included
Written by Tom Lewis
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you're in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!