Universal Audio 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier
The Universal Audio 1176 LN design is based upon the original Universal Audio 1176LN, designed by Bill Putnam, that was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound.
Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN retained the proven qualities of these industry leaders, and set the standard for all limiters to follow.
While it certainly would have been possible and much simpler to modernize and “improve” the 1176LN, every effort was made to remain faithful to Putnams design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit until it meets our uncompromising standards.
This Universal Audio Classic version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound.
Universal Audio 1176 LN features include:
- Legendary, high-end, compressor/limiter used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios, 4:1 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra fast attack time 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Contemporary styling and eye pleasing industrial design
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you’re in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!